Sunday, January 27, 2008

Getting Going Again ... Wks 28-30, 1/6-26/2008

The past three weeks went by slowly for us as far as the house goes. Progress happened but there wasn't much to document. Still, I can always find pictures to show, so I did.

Let's start with these tile murals. Painted tile murals are often seen in this area. They can be put anywhere. We're not positive and always reserve the right to change our minds, but here's where we think these will go. Y'all want to start a pool?

This one will be a surprise in the guest bath. It will be a part of the tile work. It was painted by someone in Tubac. The rest are from Mexico.




This one is planned for the front porch. I'm not quite sure where yet. It will be embedded in the stucco.I think we may use this one in the wall when Trout builds it around the house.
The artist says this is a scene from Guanajuato. I've been there but I don't remember this. I bought it because it reminded me of the River Walk in San Antonio, my home town. I'm thinking the courtyard for this one.

It was time to pick hardware, so this is what we picked for the cabinet hardware for all the drawers and doors. I swore I wanted to keep the black and white to a minimum in the house, but this is what looked best on the galvanized metal that will be the filler for the doors and drawer fronts and most of the hardware will be mounted in it.


Now to the real work.

The water makes its way to the house through the piping in this trench.


The driveway goes partly over it as you can see from this view from the Shop Deck.
Steve from WA was one of our recent house inspectors. Here he and Trout stand in the great room while Trout does the tour.

They partly obscured the work on the fireplace. You may have noticed that the fireplace is a recurring photo op. That's because it's unique, complicated and the major focal point of the great room.

The electricians started wiring in earnest. The shop gets really big wires.
The house gets more wires but smaller ones.


Dave, Trout and the electrician, Bob work out some issues with Trout's vanity lighting.
The painters stained all the porch wood, back...and front.
This is Jodie, our friend from Santa Fe, walking her dogs on the road next to the house. I hope by this time next year, a picture can be taken of me doing that, but it will be only one dog and probably one a bit smaller than Pedro the Borzoi or Zeus the Irish Wolfhound.

2 comments:

Dory said...

Cool. More pictures. I love that the house is coming along. It is fun to see all the details as they process closer and closer to a finished product. Thanks for the update.

chicklegirl said...

I love that hardware, and the murals are fantastic. Can't wait to come for a visit and see everything in place!