Monday, October 22, 2007

Late Due to Operator Error -- Part 1 of 3 -- Weeks 14 - 16

I thought I was so smart. I loaded all the photos I wanted to post into the posting on Sunday, got them in the right order & started to write the text around them. ...And nothing happened. ...And nothing happened. ...And I couldn't edit. ...And it was saving constantly & not letting me type. ...And I waited. ...And I logged off. ...And I tried again later. ...And I tried again tonight. ...And I finally gave up & I'm now starting over.

So I'm splitting this posting into 3 pieces in hopes that the the problem was too many pictures in one post, even though I could find nothing that talked about the problem online.

Week 14 (October 1 - 7) was very slow for us house-wise. Nothing much happened on the ground while Trout was gone, then we took off for Texas for Week 15 (October 8 - 14). We got back on the 14th & after lunch we headed straight for the building site. We got to see what happened while we were gone & we took a few pictures.

Trout hadn't seen the columns installed before. The only difference from the last picture of these is that they are locked in cement in this one.


One of the things we wanted to be sure of was the placement of the floor plugs in the great room floor and here they are.


I just had to pretend I was at the kitchen sink.

And Trout spent some time watering the salvaged barrel cacti. They can live a long time like this but I want to plant them as soon as we can.

So all we saw on that Sunday was the forms ready to have the cables strung & concrete poured. Still it was very exciting for Trout to see the columns that will hold up the roof on his shop.

No comments: